Fireworks CS4 Layout Tools

Fireworks CS4 has some new and improved layout features to take advantage of. This video covers: display rulers, traditional guides, the new tool tips feature, smart guides, and align panel improvements.

• Phil says:

Whatever Happened to written tutorials… Video’s are cumbersom, and hard to follow, let alone grasp at anything!

• Jim Babbage says:

@ Phil:

Different people learn in different ways. Check out adobe.com or communitymx.com or http://www.fireworkszone.com/ for many written tutorials. I have many written tutorials at adobe’s site and at Community MX, if you prefer to read.

• Tamara Mitchell says:

That was very well illustrated. IMO, tutorial videos are not cumbersom – they challenge you to create what’s needed.

• Terry Losee says:

Thanks for being so Incredibly Helpful !
    I find this particular Video to be fundamentally helpful. From here I can get up some little bit of speed while creating. (the new guy)
    Wow, what a great piece of work FireWorks is. Literally, I did not know what I bought. I am impressed 1000 times over with the work that Adobe does. Can’t wait till I become fluent with the whole set of Premium CS4 programs.

• Jim Babbage says:

@Tamara: Thanks very much! Feel free to suggest other tutorials you’d like to see.

@Terry: You’re very welcome. I’m glad you find the tutorials helpful! And yeah, Fireworks is pretty cool. :-)

• Nat says:

Jim, I really enjoy your tutorials. What option did you use for your background image to show through the grey rectangles?
    Nat

• crap says:

If you have a complex layout with boxes partially overlapping then the export does not position relatively, its only for basic designs. Shit!