Clipping Masks in InDesign

, / 2016 10

Without a dedicated menu item for creating a clipping mask, InDesign need to know the tricks for getting an image into a shape or text. AJ Wood shows InDesign users how to use the paste into command to insert an image into any fill-able frame or shape and to create a clipping mask from text.

• B. N. Bhat says:

04 December 2011
    Hi,
    I am a retd guy who started learning about photoshop several years back as a hobby and believe me I have been to most of the photoshop tutorial sites. I did learn from them, but now I kick myself for having a gem of a book “Photoshop CS4-The Missing Manual” in my hand and I went looking for ‘God’ all over the place on the internet. Your videos were fantastic and I do hope by the time I finish learning from the book I should be able to do most of that on my image collection. Also this business of studying Photoshop is helping me keep “LBDF”. Thanks for the excellent tutorials and wish I had this instuctions years ago when my memory was sharper and a burning desire to achieve something. Thanks once again for a job of instructing well done.
    Bhat

• Dennis says:

It looks very nice. good tutorial!

gr
    dennis

• Nadeem Ullah says:

thanks a lot.. for this tutorial.. :)

• Aynur says:

Hi,

Why I can’t watch this video? It’s not open, and loading :(

• Manisha says:

Hey AJ, thanks so much for this post.. very very helpful! I have a question though.. is it possible to create a “clipping path” over a group of photos instead of one photo? If yes, how?
    Thanks again!

• Aude says:

Wow! Thank you very much! I’m new to InDesign but I’m loving it more everyday, especially with greats tutorials like these.
    You’re very clear and you totally understand the problems that a beginner might run into randomly, typically “what’s wrong with my 4 letters?” :)

Awesome!

• Jo says:

very excellent tutorials, thanks for being quick, concise and for choosing useful content. 10 out of 10 for every aspect :)

• Creative IT says:

Nice tutorial..Thanks

• Patrick says:

Thanks Sir!your a really great tutor!

• Janie says:

Hello!

Just wanted to tell you how fantastic of a tutorial that was. You were involved and helpful and overall a great teacher.
    Thanks!