Canon Announces New Flagship DSLR, the EOS-1DX Mark II
Today, Canon announced its new flagship DSLR camera, the EOS-1DX Mark II. The 1DX Mark II boasts some pretty impressive specs: a full-frame 20.2 megapixel sensor, continuous shooting at speeds of up to 14 frames per second, up to 170 shot buffer at 14 fps, 4K video at 60 fps, the addition of CFast memory cards, as well as many other enhancements.
Here is a list of some noteworthy new features you might be interested in:
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 60 fps, 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF II
- Native ISO 51200, Expanded to ISO 409600
- 14 fps Shooting, 16 fps in Live View
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- Built-In GPS, Optional Wi-Fi Transmitter
- Mag. Alloy Body, CFast & CF Card Slots
Update: Scott Kelby has a fantastic real-world review of the 1DX Mark II on his blog where he talks about his experience shooting with it at a college bowl game and an NFL regular season game.