Premiere Pro CS4 Multiple Effects

Premiere Pro CS4 has made it easier to apply multiple effects to multiple clips, either by cutting and pasting attributes from one clip to another, or by creating an effects preset that can be applied to any clip with one step.

• Benji says:

Does anybody recognize the fact that “paste attributes” and “copy attributes” already exits in Premiere Pro CS3? why are they advertising this as a new feature? it works excatly as described in the CS4 tutorial, in CS3 as well!

• Franklin McMahon says:

I try to show alternate ways in most of my tutorials, typically I will start with the older way and then with the newer, which is what I did here (ending on the new preset options for multiple effects). I did a lot of pasting and cutting in CS3, but here in CS4 you can now just create a preset of multiple effects and apply it, which was the main point of the tutorial.

Franklin

• kurt dahlgren says:

Hi Franklin, great tutorial.

I often surf the internet for “presets” that would offer time saving capablities if one was willing to compromise a certain amount of creative license. Some alternative NLE programs (Muvee for example) make these type of theme based presets the main selling point of their software. Are there any forums or sites where people can share presets with other Premiere users? It would be nice, for example, to have presets for vacation videos, or a childs sporting event. Thanks!

• Franklin McMahon says:

What a great idea. Adobe Exchange was positioned for this purpose, although there does not seem to be too much for Premiere.

It would be cool to have a website devoted to Premiere presets.

Franklin

• Brooks says:

Hi All,
    This is better than the way it was done in CS3 for sure. But i’m trying to wrap my head around this problem – how can one apply filter/effect presets to an entire timeline or sequence?

An example – a client sees and likes the “blue dream” effect, so he asks for it to be applied to his 100 clip project. So, i dutifully paste the preset into the 100 clips. The next day, the client says…make it MORE contrasty…i’d then have to go back through all 100 clips to adjust the contrast, correct?

Is there no track based, timeline based or sequence based effect editing i could do to amp up the contrast in 1 place and have it be applied to all 100 clips?

Thanks for your thoughts and help in advance!

• arul says:

pls send me

• Janaka Samarawijaya says:

Hello,
    I am Student Because I Haven’t money.plz
    I wan’s to know how to free download Premiere Pro CS3 effects. plz send me
    Tankyou so…

• jake says:

thanks, this helped. i knew there was a way to make effect presets. but for some reason I got stuck on not being able to shift click to make multiple effect selections. Command clicking was the secret.

• Mark says:

Also, I film in the same location all the time, and have a preset with 10 effects at particular settings depending on the time of day. I use the ctrl click method described above to create a preset. Then, I bring in all my clips to the timeline, select them all, and then drag and drop the preset onto the selected clips, applying the effects to all of them in about 2 seconds.

• Tony Brown says:

I don’t know If I said it already but …Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks, 🙂

A definite great read..Tony Brown