InDesign Front and Back Pages Face to Face

Jeff Witchel explains a work around for situations where the front and back page of your document need to bleed across into one another.

{module:flashlink}

• MP says:

This guy needs to be a little more concise and get to the point faster – he rambles too much, this tutorial is valuable, but could have been about 50% shorter.

• Jeff Witchel says:

MP,

Sorry you feel that way.

I have to take into account all those people who may not know as much about InDesign as you.

Jeff

• Reuben Goh says:

Hey Jeff, that’s a really interesting tutorial. Thanks!

• Matheus says:

Is it possible to download this podcast on iTunes? If so, where do I find the link for this video?

Thanks! I love InDesign tutorials!

• Baseem says:

You are right Jeff … that you taking into account all those people who may not know as much about InDesign as me 🙂

thanks and i hope to see more from you …

thanks alot

• Pablo Rodrigo Arizandieta says:

Excelente Tutorial

Una Pregunta que tamaño es el documento

Para la pagina ya diagramada y que tamaño debe de ser la imagen

• Phim says:

Thanks Jeff.
    It is very clear tutorial for the beginner like me 🙂

• Jeff Witchel says:

Thanks everyone!

@ Pablo: Glad you liked the tutorial, but sorry, I do not speak Spanish

Best,

Jeff

• MattS says:

Well – I like the rambling =]
    And this tip was what I was looking for because I managed to do it once but forgot how I did it.

Very valuable because some printers ask for the pdf’s to be delivered this way.

• Jeff Witchel says:

Hi MattS,

Glad you liked it and didn’t mind the rambling.
    What rambling?

Best,

Jeff

• BALINDA MICHAEL says:

hi..
    have tried to watch the tutorial but its failed to open yet i even have the adobe flash player..
    Can you send it to me on my email.

• Jeff Witchel says:

Hi Balinda,

I’m afraid this video will be too large for enail.

Try updating your Flash Player at Adobe.com

Best,

Jeff

• muthoni says:

GREAT TIPS, I really enjoyed them! show us how to create own shortcuts and labelling automatically, as well as setting automatic custom formats for headings and interesting custom designs. Finally, show us leading and kerning for type-driven bookcovers etc which need to use huge fontsize with tiny fontsizes. THANX!

• keila says:

hey thanks

• Liza says:

just what I was looking for and some goodies besides! Thanks Jeff!

• Jasmine says:

Hi Jeff….Pablo was asking what the document size was for this tutorial and what size the image needed to be.

@Pablo: el tamano es 8.5×11

para imprimir, la imagen deber 300 para estar seguro y tener claro despues impreso.

I told him (as best as I could) that doc size is 8.5×11 and for printing, the image should be 300 to be safe and to be clear after printed.

A little late, maybe….but hope this helps 🙂 Great tutorial, btw…I was jimmy riggin my covers as a single, 11×17 page that I would print and manipulate to work with my files!

-Jazz

• Elaine says:

MP must have super-important things to do in his/her day, as they can barely spare 6 minutes out of the entire day to watch a free tutorial they admittedly deem as “valuable”.

I wanted to say thanks to Jeff for the GREAT tutorial – I’m fairly new to InDesign (although quite familiar with other Adobe programs) and this was tremendously helpful. I for one, appreciate the attention to detail provided. Keep up the good work!

• Patrick Silva says:

Jeff, can this tip work in Indesign CS5? Because I’ve tried it and I was not able to accomplish it. Thanks.

• Robert says:

Thank you so much! It’s been a while since I’ve had to do this, and had completely forgot. This was a lot of help.

Cheers,

• Stan says:

It seems InDesign 6 doesn’t want me to make these changes. The back page will not move right beside the first page. T$@%@% irritating.

• Stan says:

Found out i have to turn off ‘Allow Documents To Shuffle’

• Brian says:

Thanks! This was really helpful!

• Dann says:

Hi, to do the same thing I just created a Master Page, which is a two page spread, put the image on that master and applied the master to the front and back page of the book.