Corel Painter X Update and New Learning Resources Now Available
Corel Corporation today announced that the company has released Corel® Painter™ X v10.1, a free update to its industry-standard Natural-Media painting and illustration software, Corel Painter X. Available for both Mac® and Windows®, the Corel Painter X v10.1 update can be downloaded from www.corel.com.
“We’re always looking for new ways to make our customers’ experience with our software better than ever. With this new update, artists will find that Corel Painter X takes performance to the next level, offering an even more enjoyable and productive creative environment,” said Nick Davies, General Manager Graphics for Corel.
“Of course, the entire Corel Painter X experience is further enhanced by the talent and passion of the Painter community which has delivered a wealth of training resources in support of this new release. Corel Painter X boasts an impressive collection of learning materials, produced by industry-leading artists, photographers, authors and trainers, that are sure to provide instruction and ignite the creative process for new and long-time Painter users,” added Davies.
For a list of Corel Painter X training materials and links to learn more about the items listed below, please visit the resources section at www.corel.com/painterstudio.
- Corel Painter Magazine: Imagine Publishing Ltd has launched an exciting magazine especially for Corel Painter users. Available in Europe and North America, the Official Corel Painter Magazine is a monthly title full of inspirational tutorials, features and interviews aimed at helping you become a better artist.
- Painter X for Photographers by Martin Addison: Learn how to instantly transform your photographs into stunning works of art. Packed with beautiful color images and precise, step-by-step instructions, this book shows you how to recreate effects using brushes, papers and textures (includes a DVD).
- A Celebration of Art: Paint Like A Master by Fay Sirkis: Discover how to turn your digital portraits and panoramas into masterpieces that mimic the oil and watercolor styles of Great Masters like Rembrandt, Monet and Norman Rockwell. Internationally renowned portrait artist, Fay Sirkis shares the secrets and techniques behind her signature style of “photo painting.”
- Karen Sperling’s Artistry Tips and Tricks E-zine: Karen Sperling offers Artistry Tips and Tricks, a monthly e-zine featuring art lessons in addition to Painter steps for turning photos into paintings.
- Painter X Creativity by Jeremy Sutton: Practical, hands-on tutorials and project illustrations show you every step in image development, including multimedia artist techniques. The book also includes a CD-ROM packed with unique custom brushes, tutorial images for all projects, and additional art materials designed to complement Corel Painter X.
- Learning Corel Painter X with Jeremy Sutton DVD-ROM: Take a guided tour of Corel Painter X with renowned artist and Painter Master Jeremy Sutton! This indispensable DVD-ROM is an ideal resource to help you learn the tools and techniques of a Master.
- The Painter X Wow!® Book: The classic best-selling book by Cher Threinen-Pendarvis, creator of many of the Corel Painter brushes, continues to inspire and instruct readers in this new edition updated for Corel Painter X.
Corel Painter X v10.1 is designed for English language and Japanese language versions only. This update is already included in French, Italian and German versions of Corel Painter X.
About Corel® Painter™ X
Delivering the next-generation art studio, Corel Painter X blurs the line between traditional and digital art like never before. Working closely with professionals including entertainment artists, commercial designers and photographers, the Corel Painter team explored the relationship between the artist’s hand and the canvas. As a result, Corel Painter X sets the standard with the introduction of unparalleled performance, new composition tools and the revolutionary RealBristle™ Painting System that provides an organic painting and illustration experience: right down to the individual bristles on the brush.
Designed for Macintosh® and Windows, Corel Painter X is offered in a full version, upgrade version and Limited Edition Painter Can. Suggested retail pricing for Corel Painter X in the US is $429 for full and $229 for upgrade. The Limited Edition Painter Can is available for $499 US.
For more information about Corel Painter X or to download the full-featured trial version, please visit www.corel.com/painterx.
Corel is a leading developer of graphics, productivity and digital media software with more than 100 million users worldwide. The Company’s product portfolio includes some of the world’s most popular and widely recognized software brands including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Corel Painter, Corel DESIGNER®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, WinZip® and iGrafx®. In 2006, Corel acquired InterVideo, makers of WinDVD®, and Ulead, a leading developer of video, imaging and DVD authoring software. Designed to help people become more productive and express their creative potential, Corel’s software strives to set a higher standard for value with full-featured products that are easier to learn and use. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards recognizing Corel’ leadership in software innovation, design and value.
Corel’s products are sold in more than 75 countries through a well-established network of international resellers, retailers, original equipment manufacturers, online providers and Corel’s global websites. The Company’s headquarters are located in Ottawa, Canada with major offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, China, Taiwan and Japan. Corel’s stock is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol CREL and on the TSX under the symbol CRE. www.corel.com