onOne Software Announces Spring 2007 Availability of Genuine Fractals 5
Portland, OR – onOne Software, Inc., announces today the spring 2007 availability of Genuine Fractals 5. In addition, anyone who purchases Genuine Fractals 4.1 or Genuine Fractals Print Pro 4.1 on or after December 18, 2006 will receive a free upgrade to Genuine Fractals 5 once it becomes available.
“We are pleased to announce before the holidays that Genuine Fractals 5 will be available to our customers in early 2007,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “And in preparation for the new version’s availability we are thrilled to be able to offer a free upgrade to the new version to anyone who purchases Genuine Fractals 4.1 or Genuine Fractals Print Pro 4.1 from today until the new version becomes available. It’s just our way of saying thanks to our customers.”
The new version of onOne Software’s flagship product Genuine Fractals will feature several new improvements and workflow enhancements including:
• New User Interface & Photoshop CS3 Compatibility – In addition to being compatible with Photoshop CS3, Genuine Fractals 5 has been rewritten as a Universal Binary to be fully compatible with both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers. Genuine Fractals 5.0 will also have a brand-new user interface that streamlines the image scaling process.
• Improved Scaling Algorithm – The patented scaling algorithm in Genuine Fractals has been improved to deliver even better results than before.
• Improved Scaling Performance – Genuine Fractals 5.0 will fully support multi-processor computers such as dual processor and dual core computers as well as AltiVec and SSE acceleration to deliver superior scaling results faster than ever before.
• Built-In Sharpening Controls – Genuine Fractals 5.0 will give users the option to add sharpening to a file during the scaling process. Users will have control over the amount of sharpening that is applied and get a preview of the sharpening results before the one step scaling and sharpening process.
• Built-In Film Grain Controls – Genuine Fractals 5.0 will give users the option to add simulated film grain after a file has been scaled. Users will have control over the amount of film grain that is applied and get a preview of the results; and it can be combined with the new sharpening controls if desired.
• Additional file format support – Genuine Fractals 5.0 will support 8-bit and 16-bit RGB and Grayscale images. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5.0 will offer additional support for CMYK and LAB color modes.
• Improved Batch Processing Support – Genuine Fractals 5.0 will offer improved batch processing support for scaling multiple files in one step.
Genuine Fractals 5.0 will be available shortly after Photoshop® CS3 is commercially available in 2007. Pricing for Genuine Fractals 5.0 will be $159.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5.0 will be $299.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006.
About onOne Software
onOne Software develops time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers in the digital photography and graphic design industries. onOne Software solutions have been created to help photographers spend more of their time behind the camera taking pictures instead of the computer workstation. Such solutions include a wide range of easy-to-use plug-in enhancements for Adobe® Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements and QuarkXPress®.
onOne Software delivers the highest quality software products to users by working with industry leaders and continuing to develop core technologies for professional photo and desktop publishing solutions on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit www.onOnesoftware.com or call 1-888-968-1468.