Using InDesign Multiplace with Adobe Bridge

This tutorial shows a method for using Adobe Bridge with the Multiplace command in InDesign CS3 and CS4.

• Don says:

HI,
    Great tutorial! But when placing my images holding the shift & command key I am unable to get the grid you show. Can you help? Also do I have to continue holding those keys as I work the arrow keys. I would really like to get this to work the way you’ve shown. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Don

• Don says:

HI,
    Thanks
    Don
    I have CS3

• AMALTRA says:

yes don has got a point, also it narrows and widens the gap between the images not the amount of place holders.

I have pc. cs4

• Chris Main says:

Hi Don,

The grid place feature is new to InDesign CS4 and doesn’t work in CS3.

To answer you question about the Arrow keys, just release the Shift and Command keys after you start dragging (but keep the mouse button held down) and then use your Arrow keys.

Thanks,
    Chris Main
    Managing Editor
    Layers Magazine

• Jane says:

I have cs3 and when I capture photos and try to place on the workplace they drop and dont allow me to grab from another file. What am I doing wrong?

• A.J. Wood says:

Jane –

To use this technique be sure to select multiple photos. If you select a single image it will drop directly in the document.

You can always select Edit–>Undo Place to reload the images into the cursor.

• Don says:

Thanks for answering my question.
    Don

• fanny says:

Your tutorial was easy to understand and the tips were great. The grid feature rocks! Thanks!

• Danish says:

Hi

When i select more than two pics or frame and click on fit to frame button it crashes. But when do one by one it doesnt. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64biton High End System

Please Help