Digital Anarchy Releases Primatte Chromakey 3.0 Update for Photoshop
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective graphics software, today announced the release of Primatte Chromakey 3.0 for Photoshop. Primatte Chromakey is the award winning, best-of-breed green/blue screen solution for photography, bringing the power of high-end Film/TV technology to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Primatte removes a blue/green background from a still image or footage, leaving the subject against a transparent background with any color cast removed.
"We’re excited to bring serious batch processing capabilities to Primatte", said Jim Tierney, Digital Anarchy founder. "This is going to be a huge advance for photographers dealing with large volumes of images shot against chromakey."
Primatte Chromakey excels in preserving important, difficult details like wisps of hair, translucent glass or other materials, and mesh fabrics. This makes it easy to convincingly place the subject on a custom background, then substitute that background as needed. The new version 3.0 adds great customer-requested features, like a one-click ‘auto mask’ button, batch processing, better blending between subject and backdrop, and support for Intel Macs and Photoshop CS3.
The ability to batch process has been dramatically improved, allowing users to apply Primatte to hundreds of images via Photoshop’s Actions. Backgrounds can be removed and replaced automatically, providing photographers who shoot school, sports, or event photography with a powerful addition to their workflow. Primatte 3.0 also supports Photoshop CS3’s Smart Objects and Timeline functions, making it possible to use the plugin on video as well as still images.
Great new features in Primatte 3.0 include:
- Batch Processing: Better support for processing large numbers of images via the AutoMask tool and Photoshop Actions.
- AutoMask: Analyzes an image and automatically removes its background, eliminating or reducing the need for manual keying. With properly shot images, hundreds of images can be masked at once.
- Light Wrap: New control panel gives better spill suppression and a more convincing blend of the foreground and background.
- MacIntel Support: Primatte 3.0 fully supports Macintoshes using Intel processors.
- Photoshop CS3 Support: Full support of Smart Objects and video footage via CS3’s new Timeline.
- Improved Tools: A variety of new tools and preview modes are available to speed up the masking process.
- Improved User-Interface: More intuitive interface and keyboard shortcuts for Primatte’s popular tools.
Pricing and Availability
Regularly priced at USD $299, Primatte Chromakey 3.0 is available now for USD $269. This special pricing is available until August 15, 2007. The version 3.0 update is free for existing Primatte 2.0 customers who purchased after May 1, 2007; users should contact Digital Anarchy for details. The update costs USD $149 for owners of Primatte 2.0 who purchased earlier than this date. This 2.0 to 3.0 update is on sale for $129 until August 15, 2007. Primatte 3.0 supports all variants of Macintosh OS X and runs natively on Intel Macs. The product supports Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro and Vista 32-bit systems. Demo filters and samples are available at www.digitalanarchy.com.
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy is a privately owned company operating out of San Francisco, Calif., that creates high-quality creative software for broadcast designers, 2D animators and professional photographers. These tools solve a wide range of design issues, from creating text effects and background design elements, to masking out bluescreens for commercial still photography. Digital Anarchy products work in conjunction with a wide range of products from companies like Adobe, Autodesk and Apple. For more information, please see the company’s website at www.digitalanarchy.com or call 415-586-8434.