High Performance Compact and Lightweight 7.5x Zoom Lens for Nikon DX Format Digital SLRs
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED, a compact, lightweight 7.5x zoom lens featuring a host of state-of-the-art optical technologies such as the Nikon ED glass element, aspherical lens elements and SWM (Silent Wave Motor). Moreover, the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED offers outstanding performance at a remarkably affordable price.
The lens has a focal length range of 18-135mm, which is suitable for a wide variety of shooting situations ranging from tight sports, action and portraits to wide-angle landscapes. (The picture angle is equivalent to a 27-202.5mm lens in the 35mm format.) Advanced Nikon engineering, in particular the compact SWM, has enabled a compact lightweight design with excellent handling characteristics.
The optical design features, one ED glass element and two hybrid aspherical lens elements assure high-resolution, high-contrast images while minimizing chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion. The compact SWM built into the lens offers smooth and quiet autofocus performance that users have come to expect from Nikon autofocus performance.
The useful range, high-quality performance and affordable price of this lens will expand the photographic horizons of Nikon Digital SLR owners.
Note: This lens is designed exclusively for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras and is not compatible with 35mm  or IX240 format film cameras. Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED Major Features
* Offers the broad 18-135mm focal range (7.5x zoom) for use in a wide variety of situations (equivalent to a 27-202.5mm lens in the 35mm format)
* ED glass and hybrid aspherical lens elements minimize chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion, while ensuring high resolution and contrast
* Incorporates a compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet focusing
* Delivers high-level optical performance that is specially designed for use with Nikon DX format digital SLRs
* Employs a seven-blade rounded diaphragm opening that achieves a natural blur for out-of-focus elements
* Two focus modes, [A] and [M], are available. In addition, while the lens’ A-M mode switch is set to A, the user can adjust focus manually, after focus is achieved by AF-S operation
* Enables focusing from as close as 45cm (17.7 in.) from the subject through its entire focal range
* Internal Focusing (IF) design contributes to compactness and eliminates front element rotation, enabling the use of circular polarizing filters
* Flower-shaped Lens Hood HB-32 (provided) greatly reduces image degradation from stray light
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED Specifications
Focal length: 18-135mm (picture angle equivalent to a 27-202.5mm lens in the 35mm format)
Maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
Minimum aperture: f/22-38
Lens construction: 15 elements in 13 groups (one ED glass elements, two aspherical lens elements)
Picture angle: 76* – 12*
Minimum focus range: 0.45m (1.5 ft.)
Attachment size: 67mm
Dimensions (approx.): 73.5 x 86.5mm (2.9 x 3.4 in.)
Weight (approx.): 385g (13.6 oz.)
Included accessories: 67mm Snap-on front lens cap (LC-67), Rear lens cap (LF-1), Bayonet hood (HB-32), Flexible lens pouch (CL-0915)
Optional accessories: 67mm screw-in filters